Tuesday, December 4, 2012

These last months..

Last night when dealing with two of my dd's and their emotions and hurts I begin to cry..I have so many of my own emotions swirling around in there as I carry this little life to term. My dh and I stepped out for a bit to get a few things at Walmart. It was a much needed respite. I just needed a moment to collect myself and to gain perspective.

The last few months of pg can be so hard. It requires alot of energy to grow another human.

I am not sleeping well, going to the bathroom many times each night. The pain in my hips and pubic bone has increased, even as bad as my legs giving out underneath me.  I was able to go for a walk with my sweet love and my children Sunday afternoon. It did exacerbate things with my hips but the walk was so lovely!

The weather here has been beautiful! The sky so clear and blue! Most days do not even require a jacket and if so a light sweater works nicely. Such wonderful fresh air to breath in over and over again!   It lightens my spirits. Colors my world in bright green and blues..

I can be so hard on myself even when pregnant. I know logically that it's normal to slow down and need more rest and pampering but yet, I push myself to do more. I must learn to just be..  to let myself rest when needed and allow my body to continue to house and grow this blessing as she finishes her journey in my womb.

As I get closer to the end of my pregnancy I am even more keenly aware of the need for education regarding pregnancy and birth. I wish more women with the knowledge and wisdom would rise and teach so that we could birth our babies without fear. Knowledge is power. We don't need to place our care and that of our babies into the hands of another. If women were taught they could then be in charge of their own care.  .their own pregnancies and births. In the future days I pray I will see women rise up to teach each other. Midwives,  experienced mothers,  doula's, etc..  This is how we truly empower women.. We walk in community. We trust birth! We trust our Creator and this body He gave us as women. That we can birth our babies without intervention..  without intrusion..
It is our right to choose what we want  for our births.. Let's choose trust and knowledge!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment