Thursday, October 9, 2014

In my mirror I shall see...

Pregnancy can be a hard time for me emotionally.

When I'm not pg I work very hard to be fit and lose all my baby weight gain. I workout and eat right. I get those two pink lines and immediately I start thinking how all that weight I lost and all those months of hard work goes right down the drain. :(

So this pregnancy I decided to love myself even while pregnant and even with the weight gain. I set a goal as far as the amount I wanted to gain. I think I'm going to go over. It will be less then my last pregnancy which was a huge amount but more than I hoped. I'm not letting myself  cry over it. I'm just going to love myself anyway.

 I'm going to be gentle with myself. I'm going to allow myself some freedom. I'm not going to compare myself to others and just simply be me. This is my 13th baby. Ya, I don't and won't look like someone who is having their 2nd, 3rd or 4th baby. I'm in my late 30's (and loving it by the way!!) and I won't look like someone in their 20's. My body knows how to spread in all the right places and spread it does!  Hips, butt, you name it. They do their job well!

Today while at the Frontier Girls Troop two of my girls attend I was complaining. I admit it. I sat with my friend and told her one negative comment after another about my pregnant body. Yes, I really did. I allowed myself to forget that I AM BEAUTIFUL!! I let myself forget that in my womb there is LIFE! I forgot that it's ok to love myself even in my imperfection. It is. It truly is!

In our society we tell women that they are only lovable if they are perfect. And don't we all know that perfect is impossible? It's impossible for you and it's impossible for me.

I will tell you that I love others not based on what they look like but who they are. Are y'all with me here? Do any of us look at someone and say, "I don't like her because she doesn't fit my idea of perfect? I simply will not be her friend and I can not love her?" I don't think so unless you are as shallow as shallow can be...

I think if we could love ourselves the way we love others we would simply allow ourselves to be who we are; Beautiful women. Life givers. Baby carriers. Nurtures. Lovers. Special. Unique. Awesome.

I think I'm going to go check out a mirror...I'm going to see beauty! What about you??







 


No comments:

Post a Comment