Friday, August 31, 2012

Who will be at the birth?

Some births you want only your man with you as you birth. Some you want a family member or friend. Others you want to birth solo, catching your own baby.

This time I want a friend there supporting me..another female presence. But this has not been an easy thing to find. Life is busy and sometimes prevents the ones you choose from being there.

I have been thinking on this alot. I have thought of looking into a doula but I have reservations. Birth is a private thing and unassisted even more so. The person at your birth needs to be trustworthy and accepting of your birth choices. There has to be that bond between you..that closeness that you feel with another person. The chemistry that connects you to another..

I mean afterall they see you in all your beautiful glorious nakedness... It is intimate!

I have only been here in our new hometown for 18 months and am still meeting people and forming friendships.

It leaves me feeling sad. Sad that my choices are so few.

There is time to pray and think? Time to ponder who should be here..who I would want to be a part of this amazing moment in my life.

All our choices for birth impact our lives. They leave an impression; footprints. I don't make decisions like this lightly..

Father, please lead me..

   

2 comments:

  1. I too have found I needed different things and different kinds of support at births. This time I am open to a few helpers and so is my husband. i want to experience a water birth of which my husband during our previous unassisted homebirths felt over whelmed in providing. Extra adult hands seem to be the need and the wonderful thing is that I did find a support person that understands us as a birthing couple and will respect our boundaries while also being well fitted as a female support person! I also think that some births are simply preordained to be a certain way. Father has said NO to me having support people other than my husband for the last 3 births and 4 miscarriages and that was simply the biggest deciding factor. I pray about each birth before during and after concerning all needs and then take what Father gives. It has been very clear that even the rough spots have been a part of his plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Father does have a plan for each birth and they are all different.

    ReplyDelete